» Auto Insurance Refunds are on Their Way March 2022
March 18, 2022
Thanks to Michigan’s historic, bipartisan auto insurance reform law passed by the Legislature and signed by Governor Whitmer in 2019, Michigan drivers will soon receive $400 per-vehicle refunds from
MCCA Refund Quick Facts:
• When will refunds arrive: As quickly as possible, and in no case later than May 9, 2022.
• Eligible vehicles: Cars, motorcycles, RVs insured for legal on-road use as of 11:59 p.m. on October 31, 2021 (the date of record). Vehicles with storage-only policies and trailers are not eligible.
• Refund Amount: $400 per eligible vehicle, $80 per eligible historic vehicle.
• Refund Method: The insurer who provided coverage to the eligible vehicle as of the date of record must send a check or direct deposit. Gift cards, credits against a balance, discounts against future premiums or other methods are not allowed.
• Steps consumers should take: Consumers do not have to do anything to get this refund, but they may wish to contact the insurer to provide them with up-to-date address and banking information, if necessary, to prevent potential delays.
Please see MCCA for more details.
Posted in Uncategorized